- 1 Early morning prep of the SHRED van before heading south for Killington.
- 2 Rome's graphic designer and board art director @Paddock, riding shotgun..
- 3 We picked up one of our old interns, Abby. She decided to leave her mark on the roof.
- 4 The clouds were dropping flurries the whole way down...winter is almost here.
- 5 After two coffees, three breakfast burritos, and the Swords entire new album, we finally made it to Killington.
- 6 Had to stop by Darkside to check out their updated Dark Park. This shop is awesome and the crew there is always a blast to shred with.
- 7 Finally made it to the parking lot, where putting on boots in the van felt like a foreign procedure.
- 8 Waiting for passes and doing some stretches before catching the gondola up top.
- 9 About to jump in the gondy for a majestic ride into snow guns and winter. Hell Yeah!
- 10 We all crammed in one Gondola car...not exactly sure why. I think we may have forgot how this shit works.
- 11 Half way up the K1 Gondola we started to hit the snow-line. Winter is finally here!
- 12 I snapped this quick view from the top. Stoked to finally see some white stuff on the tops of these hills.
- 13 As soon as the door opened It was a 50 meter dash to who could strap in the fastest.
- 14 First run.
- 15 Our regional rider Ryan Getek is gettin' some in the corner.
- 16 Social media guru @gnarlyshark was like a little kid on Christmas morning.
- 17 The in-house crew and friends at the bottom the the lift. Catching our breath and recovering from a slap of reality that winter has finally arrived!
- 18 The guns were firing all day.
- 19 Spray skiers.
- 20 This one was sent over from @paddock. He was stoked to take a break from catalog photo shoots and get some turns in.
- 21 Killington snow gun techs making sure we all got fresh tracks. Thanks again Killington for the awesome day!
- 22 Post shred grilling is a must.
- 23 The news showed up and @gnarlyshark took a moment to get get personal with the hot reporter...not to mention I had to get that background prop.
- 24 Classic.
- 25 Our NE Rep Chris Piatek was manning the grill all day and serving up ice cold brews in custom "Shred opening day " coozies. Get your hands on one at an opening day near you.
- 26 Even the Snow Gun Techs came down to take a break and hang with the crew.
Monday marked the start of early alarm clocks, coffee, and breakfast sandwiches for the road. The temps have started to fall in New England and it finally feels like winter. It’s pretty awesome to see the green mountains of Vermont start to get dusted with snow flurries. As fast as the leaves fell from the trees, white snowflakes have taken their place. Our friends at Killington decided this was a good enough sign to crank up the snow guns, open up a few runs, and have their official opening day.
A few of us from the marketing department decided to play hooky and packed up the SHRED van with some friends, food, and beer. We met up with the Darkside crew, our NE Rep Chris Piatek, and a bunch of other supporters who made the trip for a day of shredding and grilling. It’s been some time, but ripping around on a snowboard is like riding bike and after a couple runs the whole crew was back in action.
Check out our photos above for our first day of the 12/13 season.