Product Manager, Technical Designer & Developer – Soft Goods
As part of the Product Design Team, you will be responsible for applying your strong design skills and innovative thinking to create new products for the Soft Goods; Apparel, Bags, and Gloves. This position will assist in defining aspects of style, fit and function for said categories. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of self motivation as well as a balance of aesthetic sensitivity and product development aptitude.
Responsibilities to include:
- Product Line Management including research, design, and developing product from start to finish for the Soft Goods categories; Apparel, Bags (Backpacks and Travel /Luggage) and Gloves.
- Conduct market research and design trend analysis
- Participate in collecting feedback from sales force, retailers and product testers
- Execute design detailing and technical packages
- Refine and finish product designs through multiple prototyping phases domestically and on-site at vendors/offices in Europe and Asia
- Management of multiple vendors in different time zones (domestic and international) for sourcing, quality control, development (with cyclical rounds of following up for each)
- Manage and update design resource tools, including specifications, digital files, materials library and development samples
- Product sales presentations at tradeshows, annual sales meetings and on-snow events
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Industrial, Product, Fashion or Apparel Design
- MUST have a proven track-record developing product (soft goods preferred) from start to finish
- 1-5 years hands on experience in Technical Design, pattern making, garment construction, and fitting experience.
- Experience with taped seam garments, insulation, and technical fabrics.
- Have an aesthetic sense and an eye for proportions and scale.
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong organizational capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently and to be self-motivated.
- Solid knowledge or materials and manufacturing processes
- Strong interest in fashion and design
- Strong ideation and problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to communicate your ideas through quick sketches and rendering as well as verbally
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to follow briefs to deliver designs that adhere to target prices
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet concurrent deadlines
- Significant domestic and international (Europe, Asia, Mexico) travel required
- Willingness to embrace snowboarding as part of your lifestyle if it already isn’t a part of it
This is a full-time position. We work in a laid back and creative environment, 30 minutes from Stowe Resort.
If you fit this description and want to be part of the Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate please submit your resume and a digital portfolio via email to: email@example.com (include “Product Manager, Technical Designer & Developer – Soft Goods” in subject line).
No phone calls please.
Portfolio demonstrating work is REQUIRED for application. Digital portfolios should be no greater than 7MB. Teaser portfolios of 1-2 images will not be considered. No portfolio, also not considered.